Mission and Goals
Our Mission is to increase the quantity, quality and safety of active transportation in Guelph!
We will achieve our mission by:
- Establishing partnerships with residents and organizations to support the Coalition.
- Working with local government, businesses and residents to promote and achieve active transportation targets.
- Empowering people to participate effectively in the decision making process related to active transportation planning and design.
Our Goals are to:
- Encourage more people to walk or ride a bike for commuting and shorter trips.
- Communicate the benefits of active transportation through community events, bike rides, walks, newsletters and media.
- Advocate with political and administrative leaders in the City of Guelph to increase the quality, quantity and safety of active transportation.
- Lobby the City to sign the International Charter for Walking.
- Redesign major arterials, focusing on street and community design that are safe, convenient, efficient and accessible by people of all ages and abilities.
- Increase the amount of bicycle parking and improve bike security.
- Ensure that the City of Guelph commits a dollar figure annually to the Cycling Master Plan.
Want to help us achieve this mission and these goals? Find out how you can get involved.