Love Your Bike Festival
Posted May 30, 2019
ABOUT LOVE YOUR BIKE
Come out for the sixth annual “Love Your Bike Festival” on Saturday June 15, hosted by St. Andrew’s Church, Two Rivers Church, GCAT, GORBA and more! This festival includes the young and old in celebrating Guelph’s favourite mode of transportation – The Bike!
Give your bike some love! Three of Guelph’s cycling shops (Backpeddling, Paramount Sports and Speed River Bicycle) will be on hand to offer free mechanical checks in preparation for your summer riding.
Here are some of the highlights:
- A“Wrench-Off” at 9:45am featuring Guelph’s top bike mechanics in a friendly flat-fixing competition
- An antique bike display, courtesy of Clayton Foxall from Backpeddling
- A moment of silence at 10:15am for fallen cyclists followed by a “Blessing of the Bikes”
- Free coffee and treats before 11am!
- Two Group rides leave at 10:30am sharp (registration starts at 9:15am; helmets required)
- An organized family ride, called The “Easy Rider Parade,” around Exhibition Park, led by Guelph Coalition for Active Transportation (GCAT)
- Story Time Stopover with Guelph Public Library in Exhibition Park
- The “Two Rivers Ride,” along the recreation trails to Guelph Lake and back, led by Guelph Off Road Bicycling Association (GORBA)
Rides finish at The Wooly at 12:00 noon with a BBQ, refreshments and prizes provided by Steam Whistle Brewery, and activities hosted by GCAT. Kids who participate get a free hotdog and a drink!
-Two wheels, One love-