Call for nominations for GCAT Board of Directors
Posted January 24, 2020
GCAT Board of Directors: call for Nominees
Term: Up to 3 years.
Commitment: 4-8 hours a month
GCAT is a not for profit corporation. Its purpose is to increase the quantity, quality and safety of
Active Transportation in Guelph. The group achieves its goals through partnerships with residents, organizations and businesses to support this work. GCAT also works with local governments to achieve active transportation targets, and works to create a culture of active transportation in Guelph.
In advocacy work, the GCAT board works to maintain a positive working relationship with local and regional governments, a well as businesses and other organizational partners.
The Board of Directors provides governance, leadership and financial oversight. GCAT is a working board and much of the Board work involves running programs, events and advocacy.
We will be voting for our new directors at our AGM on Feb. 20, 2020.
- Team player, including the ability to work collaboratively with others in a context of trust and mutual respect
- Interest in and awareness of active transportation issues in all wards in the city
- Willingness to serve either as an Officer of the board, and/or the Board’s Working Groups: (ie advocacy committee, bikes for newcomers committee, special events committee, board effectiveness committee, volunteer coordinator committee, etc.)
- Skills including but not limited to one or more of the following areas: marketing and branding, communications, legal, finance, fundraising and grant writing, urban planning, government relations, strategy and policy development, leadership of volunteer organizations, GIS, organizing and/or managing group rides.
- Free of conflict of interest issues
What directors are expected to do:
- Prepare for and attend monthly meetings of the Board, including any special meetings
- Prepare for and attend the GCAT annual Annual General meeting
- Support and participate in GCAT activities and events
- Be a member of GCAT in good standing
Benefits of serving on the board of Directors:
- Being a positive force for increasing modal share for cycling and walking in Guelph
- Creating a positive culture around active transportation in Guelph
- Being part of a worldwide change in culture around more sustainable modes of transportation including AT integrated with transit.
- Contribute to big picture planning and strategic development
If interested, please contact activeguelph@gmail..com by Feb. 7 with a letter detailing you interest and skills in becoming a board member. After this date and up to the AGM, you can still apply, but will not have your candidate profile on the ballot.