Bike the Night!
Posted September 4, 2021
Date: Saturday, September 18
Start time: 7:00 pm
Ride time: Sunset (approx. 7:45 pm)
Meet-Up Location: Exhibition Park, Guelph
To RSVP, go to our Eventbrite page.
Join us on an illuminated nighttime group ride through Guelph! Inspired by similar events across the world, Bike the Night is Guelph’s first and very own illuminated mass group ride. Bike the Night welcomes riders of all ages and abilities who want to be part of a fun lit-up party on wheels and who share an interest in building safer, more pedestrian- and cycling-friendly streets.
The organized ride follows signed-bike routes, multi-use paths, and bike lanes. Bike the Night starts in Exhibition Park, then takes us through Sunny Acres, Royal City Park, the Ward, and ends downtown at City Hall.
What to expect
- A nighttime group ride with fellow bike lovers
- A pre-ride meet & greet with music, treats, free bike maps, lights & decorations
- A contest for best illuminated bike & best costume with prizes from our sponsors
What to bring
- Your bike!
- Helmets are recommended.
- Lights, hi-vis outfits, costumes, and bright, sparkling accessories are highly encouraged!*
*A limited supply of free bike lights and reflective accessories will be available.
Need some examples of illuminated inspiration? See here, here, and here!
Need to find lights and reflective accessories? Here are some links below:
- White LED String Lights – Michaels
- Multicolor Decorative Micro LED String Lights – Michaels
- RydeSafe Reflective Stickers
- Nite Ize Spokelit LED Bicycle Spoke Light
- Monkey Light Bike Lights
- Kikkerland Bike Spoke Reflectors
- RAPID 360 – Spoke Warning Reflectors
- Bike lights from Backpeddling, Paramount Sports, Royal Distributing, and Speed River Bicycle.
The best illuminated bike & best costume will win a prize pack from our sponsors! The contest is open to all who attend, but prize pack recipients must be 19+. No registration is required. Winners will be chosen by the audience during the pre-ride event. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.