Want to join some of your municipal ward candidates to learn about the benefits and pitfalls of riding a bike in your neighbourhood?
This September and October, Guelph Coalition for Active Transportation (GCAT) is hosting ward rides in Wards 1 through 6 to talk about the good, the bad and the ugly of Guelph active transportation infrastructure. Each ride will take approximately an hour at a leisurely pace, with stops along the way. The public and the media are invited to attend and share ideas.
- Ward 3 Sept . 9 with Duncan McKenzie. firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting location: front of Roobarb Cafe, 77 Westmount Rd.
- Ward 4 Sept 16 with Yvette Tendick email@example.com
Start and end location: Wild Wing
- Ward 5 Sept. 23 with Laura Brown firstname.lastname@example.org
start and end location: The Boathouse
- Ward 1 Sept. 29 with Jordan Richard email@example.com
start location: Wooden Bridge, Gordon St. side,
end location Appetizingly Yours, 54 Elizateth St.
- Ward 2 Oct. 14 with Mike Darmon firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting point: Parking lot off of Marilyn Dr in Riverside Park
Ending point Red Brick Cafe, 8 Douglas St.
- Ward 6 Oct. 13 Discussion of Active Transportation infrastructure in the South end with Yvette Tendick email@example.com (Ride postponed to the Spring)
Please note time change: 11:30am
Location: Fat Duck Gastro Pub, 210 Kortright Rd. W