Why should you support Guelph Coalition for Active Transportation?
As an organization, GCAT will benefit those using active transportation by providing
- A Collective Voice to ensure that members know their voice is going to be heard
- Information Sharing to raise awareness about active transportation issues and events in Guelph
- Focused Campaigns to improve infrastructure for cyclists and pedestrians
- Community Building. Our Coalition connects with other like minded organizations, community groups and citizens.
- Community Rides: GCAT offers a variety of bike rides throughout the year so that we can enjoy the social aspect of active transportation, and develop a culture of cycling!
- Perks!****You may be required to show your GCAT membership card at these bicycle shops for these perks:
- Speed River Bicycle is offering a 10% discount on parts, accessories and clothing! In store orders only.
- Paramount Sports is offering a 10% discount on bicycle parts and bicycle accessories! ***In store only purchases
- **New!** Royal Distributing is offering a 10% discount on bicycle parts and bicycle accessories!
- Backpeddling is offering GCAT members a 10% discount on bicycle parts and bicycle accessories. As well, they offer a free mechanical inspection to GCAT members. They will look over your bicycle and suggest what tune up/ repairs your bicycle needs to make it operate smoothly. ***Until further notice, due to COVID, these discounts have been suspended.
- Get a free Project 529 shield to help protect your bike from being stolen. We will provide the information on how to register your bike with Guelph police. While supplies last!
In order to support our work, Guelph Coalition for Active Transportation is offering a number of 2020 membership options.
Join GCAT for one year! (Click “Buy Now” button below!)
This year, while personal memberships continue to be offered at $10, we’ve added a $25 sustaining membership for those interested. This membership is for those who want to pay a little more in order to help GCAT become an even stronger voice for those who want to cycle and walk safely and comfortably in Guelph.