The festival includes the young and old in celebrating Guelph’s favourite mode of transportation – The Bike. Together with community partners, three of Guelph’s cycling shops (Backpeddling, Paramount Sports and Speed River Bicycle) will be on hand to offer complimentary mechanical checkups in preparation for the Tour de Guelph which rolls out the following day.
- Don’t miss the “Wrench-Off” at 10:00am featuring Guelph’s top bike mechanics versus our special guest “Mystery Mechanic’ in a friendly flat-fixing competition.
- As a special bonus, Clayton Foxall of Backpeddling will be displaying part of his antique bike collection. Neighbours are encouraged to come early for coffee and treats.
- The morning will be rounded off by a moment of silence for fallen cyclists followed by a blessing of the bikes
- There will be two group rides. One, led by GCAT, include include a police escorted family ride, “The Easy Rider Parade” around Exhibition Park
- The second ride will be led by Guelph Off Road Bicycling Association (GORBA). The “Two Rivers Ride” will be along the recreation trails to Guelph Lake and back.
- Both rides (helmets and signed waivers required) leave at 11:00 sharp
- Rides finish at The Wooly at 12:00noon with a BBQ, refreshments and activities provided by Steam Whistle. Kids get a free hotdog and a drink!